Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stranger Danger

Charlotte doesn't get out much, and when she does it's always with me.....sometimes with Dan. But as a family we have kinda been hermits the past few months because of Charlotte and her not so cheery disposition. But yesterday I took both girls to Dan's work which I haven't done in months. I thought it would be a nice way to break up our day and fun for Dan to show the girls off to his coworkers who always badger Dan to bring them in. We got there no problems, put booties over our shoes (even Maddie which is very comical) since they need the environment to be clean when making insulin. One of Dan's coworkers who had a baby about a month after I had Charlotte came over to see us. She said that Charlotte looked smaller in real life than she did in the pictures that Dan has, and I asked if she wanted to hold her because she's pretty heavy. I handed her over and immediately Charlotte's bottom lip starts to curl out and she gets this distressed look in her eyes and CRIES. Loudly. Now, Charlotte is for sure a whiner, and fusses......a lot, but she hardly ever full on cries!!! It was so sad and pathetic. Dan grabs her from his coworker and she still cries.....that is until Mama takes her. We continue walking through his office appologizing to anyone within ear shot and then another coworker comes up and all she does is smile at Charlotte and talk to her from about 2 feet away and again out goes the lip and the tears start as does the crying. Poor baby. We decided that that was enough and left Dan's office, but it wasn't until we were out the door that she fully calmed down. Then I drove the girls to Target to get a few things and Charlotte was an angel the whole time. I think that we have officially hit the wary of strangers phase.....I think that didn't happen with Maddie until she was about a year old so this seems early. I'll be able to test it out again during our thanksgiving dinner because most of Dan's family will be like strangers since she hasn't seen them in months. Hopefully she doesn't spend the whole day upset and clinging to me!

This was not from Dan's office, but it is her upset face, but not her crying face....this one usually comes with the uuhh uuhh uuuuhhhh sound! lol

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh the crying face! Just as cute as the smiling face! :)

County McCounterson