Monday, November 24, 2008

Grand 100

This is my 100th blog. I wish that I had planned something big and spectacular for this occasion, but I just came to write about my library books. Maybe my next blog #101 will be a whopper.

I am going to the library this afternoon to return my finished books and get new ones. I only read 5 out of the 6 that I took out the last time because one was so horrible I had to stop after the 2nd chapter. Normally I can push past a slow start and still get through a book, but Cold Case by Kate Wilhelm was just too dull. And with a name like Cold Case you would think that it would be thrilling or at least good. Sorry Kate, but I hated your book.

On the flip side of hate, I LOVED a book called The Divide by Nicholas Evans. He is the same author who wrote The Horse Whisperer, which I have not read, but The Divide was a fantastic read and I devoured it in a little over 24 hours. I highly recommend getting a copy....and I highly recommend using the library......its much cheaper than buying.

Another good book in my bunch was Sea Glass by Anita Shreve. She is the author of The Pilot's Wife which was is also a very good book. Her books are generally short (around 300-400) pages and very easy reads. Sea Glass is placed in the 1920's and it's fun to read old school words and 1920's notions of relationship roles. It's a fun book.

The last couple of visits to the library I've milled about trying to find books that I might like which takes a long time and can be frustrating, but this time I went on line to Borders.com and looked at their top 100 lists for inspiration. I made my own list of authors and I'm gonna use that this afternoon. My most favorite author Jodi Picoult has a new book out, but they probably won't have it yet at the library and I've already gone through all of her older stuff that the library actually carries. If you like suspense and or courtroom dramas, check her work out....Perfect Match, Plain Truth, Second Glance and My Sister's Keeper are my favorites!!!!!

Well.....wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, I love Jodi Picoult!! I'm nearly done with Plain Truth. I can't believe it took me so long to find her wonderful books, I can't wait for the next one I can get my hands on.

I've also recently found paperbackswap.com, also very inexpensive and a great way to find books on your wishlist that the library may not have.

Kris10 said...

I can't believe you find time to read so many books, I am impressed!

County McCounterson