Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thoughts

I am currently waiting for some butternut squash to cool so that I can puree it for baby food. In the mean time I am relaxing with a glass of wine and I just ate a ridiculously sugary cookie with sprinkles on it. Tomorrow starts the diet so we had to rid the house of all things sugary....thus the cookie and wine. All of my Christmas shopping minus one gift is finished. Ahh, the joy of the internet!! I did go to a couple stores this evening, but only because I could not get free shipping on a couple of things. I detest paying for shipping.....I know that it costs companies more to ship a product, but they seriously over charge and it upsets me. It's particularly bad when the cost of shipping is more than the item you are buying because the item is on sale or something similar. That is seriously lame! Anyway. I am 99.9% done shopping and that makes me happy.

I've discovered that it is really hard to not buy everything I come in contact with for my children. I really need an edit button when it comes to them. There are just so many things I know they would love, and I would love to get for them. I found myself just having to walk away in the store today....otherwise Dan would really be mad at the insane amount of money I would be capable of spennding on the girls! lol But I did get toys, and matching Christmas pajamas and Christmas ornaments for each of them which are both traditions.....well the matching jammies is a new tradition since this is C's first Christmas. Oh, and I also got some stocking stuffers.

On a non related subject, I am finding that I am just a wee bit tipsy. Hopefully I won't have any fatal spelling errors, but if I do, please forgive me. I can't tell you the last time I've had wine and I am a serious light weight now since I don't ever drink.

I think that we are going to get our Christmas tree on Wednesday or Thursday.....whichever day we have less stuff to do. We've talked about getting a small tree (real or fake, we're not sure) for Maddie so that she has something that she can deccorate and hopefully she will leave our big tree alone. I know of another family that does this, and it seems to work out pretty well. I'll give her non breakable kid friendly ornaments and she can be in charge of putting them on and more than likely taking them off too! lol I'm not really worried about Charlotte and the tree because she isn't mobile and I would be shocked if she learned how to crawl before the festivities are over.

Well, I best be off. I think the squash is cooled by now, and I need to get to bed at some point. Have a good week.

No comments:

County McCounterson