Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day two of the snow that is now completely gone

The snow has been gone for a few days now, but life as usual has been busy so I haven't gotten around to posting these last few pics from our second day of snow play. I really miss the snow. Everything is back to looking ugly without that fresh clean layer of snow to hide the barren winter. I really think that I would enjoy living somewhere that gets more snow than North Carolina.....maybe a happy medium between once a year snow and buried under snow all winter. Maybe southern Penn. or western Colorado?? I think someday we'll make the move north, but until then I'll wait another year for the lovely gift of snow.



This is sad but funny.....I went to get Maddie's glove that she had taken off in our neighbors yard and she decided to go inside without waiting for me. Walking back to the house I noticed she wasn't in the front yard and started to feel panicky and called her name out a few times. As I got to our front porch I heard these soft cries/calls and looked through the screen door and saw Maddie like this. Her boots had slipped on the hard wood floor and she had fallen but couldn't get back up because her shoes kept slipping. It made me laugh, and felt like a "Ralphie" type situation. She was fine and wasn't even really crying......she had just accepted that she was stuck until I came to help her up......so I didn't feel bad laughing a little lol.

No comments:

County McCounterson