Friday, January 30, 2009

SURPRISE!!

Maddie and I are currently in California.....and TIRED. We got up at 5 am yesterday and headed out to the airport for our 6:55 flight and traveled most of the day.....well at least our North Carolina day......it was 11:30 when we landed in CA. My dad picked us up and we went to McDonalds to eat and get wiggles out and then he drove us to the school that my mom is working at and we surprised her!! Oh, by the way, she had NO idea that we were even coming to California, it was a big secret surprise. Needless to say she was extremely surprised!!! Yippee. So, we're here. Maddie is LOVING being with her Grandma and Papa.....it's all she is talking about......she is also loving the 80 degree weather and being barefoot and playing with water outside! It's 46 degress back home. But we're tired from traveling and the 3 hour time difference and Maddie got up at 4:00 this morning (it was 7:00 at home and her normal wake up time) which is way too early!!

We are going to Disneyland tomorrow which should be a lot of fun.....I know I'll have fun!! Maddie gets to play with her cousins on Sunday and hopefully I will get to see my grandma's. There will be a smattering of friends and good food and maybe even a trip to see the ocean and then we'll be back in the friendly skies on Tuesday morning to return to North Carolina and normal life. This will be a whirlwind trip, but it's worth it. I do however miss my man and my baby who are both back home. I'd like to post pics of our trip, but right now my camera/laptop are not liking each other, so they may have to wait till I get back home. Until then, just imagine my super duper white legs in shorts.....not pretty at all! lol

No comments:

County McCounterson