Sunday, February 1, 2009

The friendly skies


My visit to California is almost over and here I am posting about our flights to get here. It's been a busy few days!!! I don't know whether it's just the normal January lull in traveling or if it's the economy, but both of our flights were just a little over half full. Maddie and I got our own row from Raleigh to Dallas, and from Dallas to Orange County we were originally next to a guy who was too large for his seat and every time my arm brushed his he recoiled like I had harmed or injured him. When I took Maddie to change her I discovered that there were whole rows empty towards the back of the plane, so needless to say, we moved. Maddie was such a good girl on both flights, we read books and colored and played with play dough and ate lots of snacks. She never cried, never tried to get out of her seat, and we ended up with compliments at the end from our fellow travelers. I'm not really looking forward to the flights back home, but I know that Maddie is capable of behaving herself on them, and it won't be so bad!!

No comments:

County McCounterson