Friday, February 20, 2009

Come on get crafty (like come on get happy....only with crafty....get it?)

I am trying to harness my creativity and turn it into productivity. I learned how to sew when I was a young girl (thanks mom!) but I am way rusty at it, and there is a LOT for me to learn still. But, I am finding that there are lots of fun things that I can do even with my limited sewing knowledge. I have most recently been working on these shirts......the one pictured has been through the ringer. Quite literally. While I was sewing the flower on I accidentally attached the front of the shirt to the back of the shirt. I then had to go and pull out the stitches and realized that I also inadvertently sewed the stem with a little curve to the left which encroaches on the armpit a wee bit! Oops. Oh, and pulling the stitches out caused there to be several tiny holes on the back of the shirt.....so I covered them with a hand stitched heart which looks a little peculiar on the back of the shirt. Oh well. The shirts are a little time consuming, but thats mostly because the flowers are hand stitched.....the sewing machine part goes really fast. Once I get a system going it may take less time, but we'll see. The most recent one I did is a lot better.....with no mess ups. Check back, I'll have more posted as they are completed.....maybe I'll even get the courage to try and sell something I've made on etsy some day. Again....we'll see. lol



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That shirt is sooo cute. So, if I bring you a few shirts for the girls.....

Looks great,
love mom

County McCounterson