Saturday, May 9, 2009

The mess

I'm baaaaack. Two days in a row, amazing! And just to give everyone an update, the house is still a disaster! The girls are being particularly clingy today and Maddie has been super naughty this morning. Around 11:45 she told me she wanted to take a nap, and she has been asleep since then. It is currently 2:15. I think that Charlotte's 6:30 wake up call is starting to get to Maddie. I wish there was a way to make Charlotte sleep in a little later....I tried putting her down at 7:15 last night and it made no difference. So for the time being Maddie's bedtime is being moved up to 8:00. I actually have a quiet house right now. Glorious.

Okay, on to the meat and potatoes. I LOVE my dishwasher!! It is one of those new fangled quiet ones, and seriously, it is so quiet. I'm sure there are quieter ones around, but I've always had loud dishwashers.....where you need to turn up the TV to hear over the noise, and this dishwasher you cant really even hear until you are right in the kitchen. Delicious! Now if only I could find the time to do the dishes lol. I am discovering that it is a tad bit hard to unpack and keep up with all my normal household tasks. Poor Dan, I don't think he's had clean whites for at least 2 weeks. I think I sold my old washer and dryer too soon, and then we had to wait until our new set was hooked up. Needless to say I have a mountain of laundry that I am currently working on! But at least I have something fun to wash it all in!


Here are some pictures of my kitchen. We currently have an island in the middle of the kitchen but it isn't going to stay there. In fact it isn't going to stay in the house at all. I am gonna try and sell it and buy a bakers rack because the place I had intended for the island cart to go doesn't really fit it. I have pretty much always had electric stoves and I have to say that a gas stove is SO much better. Everything heats up ridiculously fast and it is so much more efficient! I don't know how I never realized that before. I am a convert!



We still have to change out the light fixture in the dining room, but I think Dan will get to that Monday or Tuesday. You can see what the light is going to look like by the one that is hanging in the eat in kitchen area....it's the same, but 8 lights instead of 4. There isn't really much else that needs to be done other than some curtains, but we already have those, we just need the time to put them up. We are planning on staining our dining room furniture dark brown so it looks a little less country, but that isn't happening until we are completely settled and ready for projects!


I don't even have words for the living room. It is the catch all for everything and is the biggest disaster. Everything needs to be done. That is all.




Our master bedroom is coming along, but it is really lowest on my priority list. That being said, it is the easiest to work on during nap times because it is down stairs and I can close the door and its quiet. Pretty much all our clothes are put away, minus all the clothes in the laundry. Our bathroom is a bit of a mess too because yesterday while I was unpacking, Maddie was unpacking as well.....she opened up a puppy food store and lined up a majority of our toiletries up on the bathroom counter. Don't ask me!?!




Our bonus room is still up in the air. I'm not sure how I want the furniture set, I have no idea what I am going to put on the walls. It is like the brumuda triangle of bonus rooms. We'll see what happens. It is a lovely room though. It is super quiet up there and if you close the door you can't hear anything. I like to stick the girls up there! lol

I have curtains for the entire house, but we haven't had time to put them up. It is a little hairy without them, especially in our master bedroom since our windows look out to the neighbors house. Not so great whilst getting dressed. Peep show anyone? lol I don't know if it is evident, but I am losing steam. I am tired. I have been staying up too late and getting up too early, and I am tired of unpacking. Does anyone want to come over and help me? Please? I think thats it for now. Dan may be getting off work early tomorrow for Mother's day which would be lovely and then he has Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off next week. Not too shabby! I don't have pictures of the girl's room, or the guest room to post because both were occupied when I snapped these pics, but just imagine them a big ol' mess, cause thats what they look like!

I will leave you with a few phrases that I hear over and over and over again everyday:

"Mama, have you seen my noculurs?" (Maddie got binoculurs from the treasure box at school and constantly misplaces them)

"Open the gate," followed by shaking of the gate, "It's locked, open the gate." (we have a baby gate at the top of the stairs which she always closes and then wants me to come up and open it for her. fun.)

"This is our new house."

Such a silly and entertaining child!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Even though I know you're stressed and tired from all the unpacking and mothering, and the place has stuff EVERYWHERE.....it's still glorious! :) Happy Mother's Day friend!!

Hubby said...

I think it looks "lived in"...sort of.

County McCounterson