Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home tour: master bedroom

I don't really understand current trends when it comes to master bedrooms. It seems that everyone wants these huge master suites big enough to hold the cast of River Dance in and master bathrooms to match. I just don't get it. I hardly spend any time in my bedroom. I bathe, dress and sleep in there and generally very little else. I surely don't do cartwheels or hip hop dancing or have sleep overs or entertain dinner guests in there. I would much rather have a master bedroom with just enough space for my dressers and bed and have the square footage added to family space in the house......the rooms that actually get used all day. With that being said, our master bedroom is a bit bigger than just big enough. I would have enough space at the foot of our bed to do yoga if I did that sort of thing, and if necessary we have enough room to fit a crib in there. I like our room a lot, but I still feel like it's wasted space. Not that our house needs any additional space added to it, but it seems like the extra space in our room would be better used upstairs or in the kitchen. Our bathroom is bigger than our last one and it has all the elements of a super duper bathroom but it's nice and compact which I love. I really like the tray ceiling and the paint color that I picked out. I like that the room has 3 windows that let lot's of light in.....I do not like that one of our windows looks directly at our neighbors driveway, but curtains can do amazing things! I love the frosted window above the jacuzzi tub and the ceramic tiles. As far as I know we don't have any plans for the master bedroom, but we have talked about tiling the shower and changing out the shower doors with one that has invisible hinges, but just like almost every other project, we don't have the time or the money to start it anytime soon. It seems that with home ownership comes continual home improvement projects. But hey, it's fun to imagine the possibilities because they are endless!






1 comment:

Becky said...

I LOVE your bedding!!

County McCounterson