Monday, July 20, 2009

beachy

The beach at Lake Erie was beautiful but a bit treacherous. There were tons of rocks from the end of the beach all the way into the water which makes it really difficult to get in and out of the water. I bought Maddie some water shoes, but with waves crashing on the shore the shoes didn't matter. Both Maddie and I fell down numerous times just trying to get into the lake. On top of the killer rocks, the water was COLD! I guess we had gotten pretty used to Jordan Lake and the ocean which feel more like bath water.....Lake Erie is a bit chilly. Once we were in for a little while it felt less frigid, but the wind definitely didn't help. Maybe it warms up further into the summer. I only took Maddie to the beach, because Dan was golfing and Charlotte is a handful and has to be watched like a hawk so she doesn't stuff her belly with delicious sand. So, it was easier to play in the water with Maddie and not have to worry about Charlotte. My oldest loves her some swimming.....just like her Mama. She also loves her some sand which is not really my favorite. Daddy is usually the one who ends up with the sand in his crotch and on his eye lashes. Thankfully Auntie Angela was there to do the dirty work and buried both Maddie and her cousin Hailey in the sand. Hailey wanted to be a mermaid and Maddie decided that she wanted to be frosty the snowman. Weirdo. She didn't stay in the sand long enough to make the transformation from Maddie to Frosty, but the girls had fun none the less. After all the sand playing Maddie wanted to go back in the water and by this time the sun was starting it's descent and the wind was getting stronger and I tried, really I did, but we didn't last more than 10 minutes before I had goose bumps all over and needed to get out. I think Maddie was pretty cold too because she didn't even fuss about it. The weather while we were up in Ohio was perfect, but I think I might like to visit a little later in the summer next time to see if it makes a difference in the water temps. But knowing my luck the water would be warm but the weather would be really hot! I'll have to do some research and see if my theory is correct. But, we will go back to Lake Erie someday regardless of the water temps or weather because it is a great place to be.







No comments:

County McCounterson