Monday, July 20, 2009

great lake

I had never been to any of the great lakes before this trip and I didn't get to see much of the one we visited but what I did see was amazing. Lake Erie is HUGE and oh-so-beautiful, but there is no way I could see all of it unless we took a drive and there was no way I was getting back into the car. In so many ways Geneva on the lake reminded me of being at the ocean. The lake is so large it looks like the ocean and there are waves and white sand that also remind me of the ocean. All that's missing is the salty water and air, and the sea gulls. One of the benefits of being at a lake and not the ocean is that there is grass and beautiful trees and flowers that grow right up to the beach. The scenery is so beautiful. I found myself taking short walks to explore and snap pictures trying to capture everything. The girls really liked running around the grassy field in front of our tent and cabins and it was nice because there really wasn't much trouble that they could get into and almost everyone there was a relative in some way or another. The only thing missing was a hammock! That would have been the cherry on top.









No comments:

County McCounterson