Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sisterly love

My girls love each other......there is no doubt. Maddie has found a playmate in Charlotte. She looks out for her little sister, tries to comfort her when she is crying (when the crying isn't her own fault lol) and wants Charlotte to have what she has. (most of the time) Charlotte adores Maddie. When she isn't around, Charlotte is bored and moody. She follows her around and copies as much as she can. I often hear them playing together and giggling and it melts my heart! I love that my daughters love each other. I don't think that at this age there would be bad blood between them, but I have seen siblings of similar age who are pretty mean to one another and I feel blessed that Charlotte and Maddie like each other and choose to be friends. Will it last? Who knows. I certainly hope so! I don't have a clue as to how sisterly relationships work. I don't know what makes the difference between sisters who grow up liking each other and those who hate each other. Does the way they are raised really make a difference? Or is the capacity for human relationships more organic? I guess I will find out with time. I want my girls to continue to be close. I want them to be friends and allies. I want to continue hearing giggles and watch them as they wrestle and hide together under blankets. I want them to love each other!








1 comment:

Becky said...

:) <--- Super big time!!

County McCounterson