Monday, August 24, 2009

Denmark and dolls

Hooray, hooray, hooray!! Traveling Dan is home from Denmark! I had a tough week, and it really made me realize how much I depend on Dan. Even if he's at work all day, he is still here in the evening to give me a break from the girls, and let me vent about my day. I missed him a lot this trip. I like having a partner in life, and I like having my best friend around to talk to. In anticipation of his arrival home Maddie, Charlotte and I blew up a LOT of balloons, tied them to string and hung them up around the house. I think Dan was surprised!




Needless to say, I'm glad that he's home! It doesn't hurt that he let me sleep in yesterday and when I woke up at 9:30 he told me that I had the day off. He promptly packed the girls in the car and headed off to his sister's house so the cousins could play and I could decompress after my long week. I am spoiled!

Before they took off, he gave the girls their presents from Denmark. Charlotte got a baby doll that has hair.....all of our dolls are bald for some reason. Maddie got this doll head with long blonde hair that came with hair accessories and makeup! Dan's thought was that maybe Maddie would get into doing the dolls hair and thus not mind us doing her hair (right now she will NOT let us put her hair up) but so far the "head" has just made Maddie makeup crazy. I'm not really very into young kids wearing makeup, even if it is just for play, but as long as it stays on the "head" and not on Maddie I'll be okay. And at the rate we're going, the "heads" hair is going to be completely knotted and the makeup will be gone within a week, so it won't be an issue anyway! :) For now they are having fun and enjoying the presents! Oh, and they are enjoying Daddy being home too! These girls love them some Daddy.....so does the Mama!

P.S. I got a present too! An amber necklace. I guess Denmark has good amber. It is beautiful!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to me that head looks a little bit wierd. maybe thats just me!?

County McCounterson