Tuesday, August 25, 2009

little miss independent

Charlotte is my little miss independent. She wants to do it herself, do it her way. She has never been one for sitting and cuddling.....always on the move, always busy. I think it may have something to do with having an older sibling. She wants to be a big girl like Maddie. Her newest "do it herself" task is feeding herself. She is getting really good with a spoon, and she doesn't want me to feed her anymore. It seriously takes 3 times longer for her to eat, and there is always a bigger mess, but she is a big girl and wants to feed herself. It is so much easier, faster and cleaner if I feed her, but I can understand her need to accomplish it on her own. So I am backing off, walking away and cleaning up the mess when she is finished. It amazes me how fast she is growing up. She hardly looks like a baby anymore to me. I better get my fill of kissing those chubby baby cheeks while I can, because they will be gone before I know it!



1 comment:

Becky said...

You're a good mommy for having the patience to let her do it herself! I'm always to antsy to let Dec do it....gotta let go I guess, thanks for the inspiration! :)

County McCounterson