Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just another day in paradise

Charlotte is currently walking around the house with maternity underwear around her neck, and Maddie has decorated her face with dark blue marker. Welcome to my daily paradise! Charlotte is obsessed with underwear right now. I think it's because there are so many holes that she can fit over her head. More often than not the ones she can get to are not 100% clean.....they're from the laundry basket and let's be honest.....dirty. I take them away from her which usually results in a tantrum and as of late I have been giving her a clean pair in return. I don't love that she wants to wear my underwear around her neck while she goes about her daily business, but it's harmless and if she thinks it's fun.....why not! :) Maddie and I colored with markers this morning and I am now aware of what happens when one lonely marker is overlooked and left out after clean up. She seriously has issues with drawing on her face. She always has. I don't know what the draw (punny) is for marking up her face, but if she has any type of writing instrument and is left unattended her face gets decorated. I had her go look in the mirror and see her art work thinking that she wouldn't like to see her face all blue, but I was wrong. She told me, "I look so pretty." So, there you go. Pretty. At least it matches her blue cast, no? That and we aren't going to be leaving the house much these next few days. Is it the weekend yet?



On a less entertaining note, I got my new lenses delivered yesterday! The 50 mm is to replace the one Maddie broke, and I also got a 28-105 mm macro lens that I am super excited about! Now all I need to do is learn how to use it! I don't know if you can tell the difference, but the pic of Charlotte was shot with my crappy kit lens that I have been using for the past month or so, and the pic of Maddie was shot with my new macro. Not a perfect picture, but the light is SO much better. Hooray.

No comments:

County McCounterson