Friday, September 11, 2009

last lake trip

It feels really weird posting this blog because although it was only last weekend that we were at the lake it seems like forever ago, and it has gotten pretty cold since then. Fall is in full effect, I wore pants and a long sleeved shirt yesterday.....still sportin' my flip flops, but it's only a matter of time before I need socks to warm my feet. I was really hoping that we would get at least one more lake trip in before the season changed, but it's not looking like that is going to happen. I can't complain because I adore fall, but this summer has been my most favorite since moving to North Carolina and I wouldn't have minded it sticking around for a bit longer.

Anyway, last weekend we did go to Jordan Lake. We got there in the morning when it was still a little bit chilly but the water was nice and warm. Maddie takes after her Mama and would gladly stay in the water from the moment we arrive until it's time to get into the car. My little fish. We forgot to pack Maddie's floatie which is a bad thing since she needs it, but Dan being the MacGyver that he is took the lace from a camping chair bag and a floating noodle and created a special floatie for Mads. Not as pretty as her normal floatie, but it got the job done! Jordan Lake has a few different beaches, and this trip we went to a different beach than we normally do because ours was closed and it turned out to be a great change. The water was super shallow in the swimming area.....Maddie could almost touch all the way out to the buoy and there was a big playground. This was the first time we had been to any kind of body of water since Charlotte learned to walk and it was much easier with her on two legs. She liked having the independence of wading into the water when she wanted to and she did a good job of not going out too far.....now if she could only learn not to drink lake water, that would be fantastic! :) I'm sad that we have to wait about 9 months before we can go back to the lake, but I already know that next summer is going to be a blast! We'll have a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old.....oh the lake fun we will have!










No comments:

County McCounterson