1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
This depends on what the definition of splurge is. I buy hair elastics, gum, flavored water etc. for myself frequently, but I don't really consider that a splurge. I also buy things for the house a lot, but I don't consider that something for myself. I think a lens for my camera, jewelery, shoes....stuff like that would be a splurge for me. And that happens maybe once every few months....we'll say once a quarter.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
I know nothing about Hall and Oates....I guess that gives my age away! The last creative project that I began (I finished it too!) was flowers made out of vinyl records for my living room. They only took me a couple of days and I think they are fun!
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
We just bought our house in April of this year and although it's a little bigger than what we need right now, I think it's perfect for growing our family! So, juuuust right!
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I like gardening....not sure if I would consider it a chore, but it is outside work. I can't wait until next spring so I can start a new garden!
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? I would not use smoking as a weight loss tool because I think there are more effective ways to lose weight. That's also the reason I wouldn't take diet drugs, or be on a liquid only diet.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? I would rather ride. That way I can take in the scenery better and be in control of the music selections!
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit? Shopping for shoes. I pretty much only wear flip flops or sneakers so shoe shopping is pretty pointless and I only do it if I need something specific.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it? If I'm at a movie theater I watch the whole thing....gotta get my 20 bucks worth, at home I usually give it 30 minutes before turning it off. I didn't really like Duplicity either but I did finish it.....Ghost of Girlfriends Past is another story, I turned it off. I usually give books 3-4 chapters unless it's really awful!
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? I like Beyonce a LOT. I'm not embarrassed by it, but that type of music is not normally my thing, so it might throw people off. I also adore Neil Diamond, no one my age understands my obsession.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you? Probably a 2. I was raised by a planner and I am a planner to the core. I married a spontaneous man, but I think over the years I've made him less spontaneous rather than the other way around.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? I am a beer snob.....I like my micro brews and won't drink light beer.....why consume the calories if I don't like it? I have very high standards for food, but I don't rub people's noses in it. I will eat whatever is made for me but I am highly disappointed when I eat at restaurants and know that I could have made the food better myself.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? My kids?!? No, not really.....although sometimes! :) I'm always trying to control the clutter. It takes over my house and I hate it, but it's a reality!