Thursday, January 7, 2010

leaving on a jet plane

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.....

The dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.....

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane......

Tomorrow morning I will be boarding a plane to California to see my grandma, probably for the last time. My mom called me this morning and told me that grandma took a turn for the worse yesterday and that it was time for me to come out. I am heartbroken. How did this happen so quickly? I always assumed I would have more time. I thought there would be years. I am distracted, irritable, weepy and oh so helpless. Please Lord, let me make it in time, keep her mind clear long enough for me to tell her I love her and to say goodbye. Please let her recognize me. She means so much to me! This is SO hard.


These are from the last time I saw her.....a year ago.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry Gina! I hope and pray you have a wonderful visit with her, and that it happens to not be your last! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, too. I'll pray for you.

County McCounterson