Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Progress

It's amazing to me that I can walk outside and from one day to the next our garden seems to double in size. It almost makes me do a double take because it really is so shocking. What a miracle plant life is! I love watching our veggies grow.....some plants I have never seen before in real life. I have no idea what kind of bounty we will have this year, but we already have plenty of plants growing edibles......lettuce, cherries, strawberries, radishes, spinach, herbs, blackberries and raspberries. We also have squash flowers popping up and my tomatoes are really close to fruiting! Even if we don't get very much food, the process has been so worth it, and the way I figure it......it's only our first year as gardeners so we're really still trying to figure this whole thing out! Dan built a small garden box that's just for the girls. We haven't planted anything in it yet, but I think we'll work on that this weekend. We also have to finish staining our deck, and Dan has to put a new starter on his riding mower. Busy busy.

Finally got our mulch down!


Strawberries. Yumm

Corn is getting so tall

Lettuce. Cucumber next to it

Radishes are almost ready to harvest

Cherries are turning red
I have to threaten Maddie not to pick them yet!
She reeeeally wants to

Watermelon bed
We're going to trellis them eventually

Sugar snap peas

Kentucky Blue beans

Red peppers

Sweet taters on left
Eggplant on right

More corn
The girls garden box in the background

No comments:

County McCounterson