Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The graduate

I'm a slacker, I'll admit it. I have been neglecting my blog and I don't even have a good excuse for it.....unless you count being pregnant, intensive gardening, mothering, holidays, end of school and out of town guests....then I guess maybe I deserve a little slack! :o) Life has been chaotic, but what's new? My mom flew in from California and surprised me with a week long visit which was truly lovely! We had my aunt, my cousin and his wife and their new baby here overnight.....it was nice having a teeny tiny baby in the house and gave me a little preview of what is to come. Charlotte had her birthday which was celebrated two weekends in a row and Maddie graduated from the 3 year old class at preschool!

They always have a little end of year show and this time around Maddie actually stayed on the stage without crying and she was the loudest singer and the only one who did all of the hand motions!! Woo hoo. Dan and I were very proud of her! It's strange really, because Maddie doesn't have a shy bone in her body, but every time she gets on a stage in front of an audience she cries and wants to get down. Hopefully we've gotten over that and her super star career can begin! All the kids were called up on stage one by one and given their "diplomas". The teachers had asked them each what they want to be when they grow up and the responses were read out loud. Maddie said, "When I grow up I want to be a cooker so I can make my mama, Gina a flower cake!" I'm not really sure why, but Maddie is very into using my real name.....she doesn't call me Gina, but she introduces me to people a lot by saying, "This is my mama, Gina." Such a silly girl! So, school is over for the summer and I have to figure out fun things to do with my kids for the next few months. Any ideas? I'm eager for fall to get here because I will have about 1 month where both of my kids are in school 3 mornings a week and I won't yet have a brand new infant at home. Ahhhh, the relaxing I will do! :o) Until then I will try and enjoy the summer and marvel at how much my little graduate has grown during this past school year.

The taller kids were put in the back row.....
Maddie is by far the tallest!



No comments:

County McCounterson