Tuesday, November 9, 2010

week four

Week four hasn't brought us any closer to a schedule, but Eleanor has stopped being awake in the middle of the night other than to eat, which is nice! I got to see her first smile the day my mom and dad flew home to CA which really lifted my spirits. Since then there have been only a couple more smiles, but Eleanor is becoming more alert, staying awake for longer periods of time and seems to be more interested in the world around her. Maddie and Charlotte are still very interested in her and have proven to be excellent helpers! Charlotte changed her first, second and third diapers this week......she LOVES to help change diapers, she'll go get her step stool and set it right next to the changing table. Charlotte actually does a really good job diapering the baby! Baby Ellie still sleeps a majority of the day, but I am getting to the point where I put her down while she's awake and she falls asleep on her own....which frees up my arms a bit more. She nurses a lot, but we're trying to push her feedings back, she burps on her own most of the time and I can count on one hand how many times she has spit up since birth. She does seem to have gas almost daily, but I'm starting to believe that is just a condition of babyhood as they break in their new digestive systems. Life has calmed down since my parents left and we haven't been toting the baby around as much mostly because she is getting less portable.....gone are the days of her sleeping 22 hours a day! :o) Overall Eleanor is getting bigger, cuter and starting to develop the teeniest of personalities! And I love her more and more every day!!



Being loved to death





Just call her cheeks!

Diaper changer





My Maddie is so lovely

No comments:

County McCounterson