Friday, March 25, 2011

Bad day

I'm feeling very discouraged today. Which is generally how I feel by the end of a long week. Then I have the weekend where I recharge before another week begins. Sometimes just the thought of getting through another week and another week and another week brings me down. Is it just me, or does it seem like a majority of our lives are spent working for that small minority of time where we get to do what we want? That my friends, is depressing.

The baby is not happy. Teething? Belly aches? Not quite sure what is going on....I keep thinking she is teething but we have yet to see any pearly whites and this crank-tastic-ness has been going on for weeks. The drool is epic. Maybe we'll get some teeth soon. I miss my happy, calm, sweet baby. This crying, fussy, never happy version is not nearly as much fun!

Maddie is just Maddie. She asks me a million questions all in a row and doesn't wait until I give her the answers. She asks me for a drink, doesn't even pretend to listen to what I say to her and then 2 minutes later asks me for a drink again......and again. Sometimes she is my super easy kid and sometimes she is a royal pain in the neck.

Charlotte is loud. So amazingly, fantastically, magnificently LOUD. She can not keep her voice down. She wakes the baby up from naps all the time. You can hear her anywhere in the entire house. My head buzzes with the sheer volume of her voice. I am tired of telling her to keep it down.

I love my kids! They are so precious to me. But I need a break. Or a vacation, or a hobby, or a job outside of the home......I need something.

My name is Gina, and I'm having a bad day.

They're still super cute though. Especially since a picture is silent! :o)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I. Totally. Get. This!!!! Trevor and I BOTH need a vacation, sans kids. It makes me sad to feel that way sometimes but I know it's normal. I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. It is good that the weekend is here!! Go shopping, by yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I could definitely relate, too. On those days, I really wish I could be rejuvenated by doing something I enjoy, like sewing or scrapbooking, but I feel too tired to actually do it. I hope we can all get some rest this weekend!

County McCounterson