Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring

As much as I want to fight it, spring is here! I don't really have anything against spring per se, but it just means we're thismuch closer to summer. And I have a BIG problem with summer. Once the earth starts to thaw and the trees start to bloom I kinda like spring, especially the spending lots and lots of time outside part! I know my girls feel the same way.

We've been spending most of our free time outdoors enjoying the sunshine, breathing in the fresh air and picking the lovely flowers (weeds) that are all over our yard. Charlotte is our resident flower picker.....she could spend hours pulling beautiful weeds out of our lawn. Maddie has been enjoying practicing soccer and having a little independence (going in the backyard by herself). It's kinda weird for me to be out front with Charlotte and Eleanor and for Maddie to be by herself in the back, but she likes it and is capable of handling it and it means one less kid for me to entertain! :o) Eleanor has enjoyed being outside too, but her favorite thing in the whole world is for me to hold her and when we're outside that doesn't happen so much. So she mainly fusses while outdoors.

We are doing the garden this year, but scaling back a lot. Last summer was way too much....work and food. We bought a few more blueberry bushes, planted some spring veggies and have been focusing a lot on our front yard landscaping. Dan is going to be doing a lot of traveling this summer (5ish weeks) and Eleanor is still pretty small so we're just trying to have yard work stay minimal. We do want to change the shape of some of our front beds and put new mulch down and we're tossing around the idea of putting pavers around all the beds. We'll see what we get around to. Overall I'm happy that spring has arrived, I just hope she sticks around for a while!





My big sitting up girl



Goofy


Does it make me OCD that it totally bothers me
that the lights are on in my house?

Even more gooftastic

County McCounterson