Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Walking


One of my parents most favorite things to do while visiting us in North Carolina is to walk around the neighborhood.  Another one of their favorites is to sit in the rocking chairs on our front porch.  The chairs are currently filthy and need repainting so they were not photographed, but one of our walks was.  We went out to dinner and came home with super full bellies and figured a walk was in order.  There are so many things that I like about our neighborhood!  I love that all of the houses are different, made from different materials and constructed in different eras which means they each have very individual architecture.  I love the tall trees everywhere and that most of our neighbors make an attempt at landscaping and each yard is different and interesting.  I love that everyone you pass will wave at you, and most of them will walk on up and start chatting with you.  I love that each time we take a walk we can go a different route and see completely different things.  The neighborhood is always changing, the trees and flowers and shrubs are always changing and it makes for a good learning environment.  I love that we live in a neighborhood where people walk.....on any given day (if it's not freezing or raining) you can find people out and about.  I really like this place that we call home and I'm glad that my children get to grow up here.  And I especially like when my parents are here and we can walk the hood together!!    





Don't ya just love my mom's hair?  I think it's so cute!





My awesome, silly Charley.  Always willing to jump for me and my camera!


1 comment:

Becky said...

I do love your mom's hair! I think of how looooooooooooong it used to be, too! :)

County McCounterson